Most riders know that getting out on the open road is one of the most enjoyable parts of owning a motorcycle. However, making sure you have the right level of insurance coverage before you take off on the pavement is crucial in case of an accident. This is where our team at Johnson & Boge Insurance Group can help.
Closely related to the auto insurance you carry on your car, motorcycle insurance has several components. These include:
- Liability: A required coverage that handles medical bills for the other driver and protects you financially in case you are in an at-fault accident.
- Property Damage: A mandatory coverage that pays for damage to another vehicle or other tangible item in the event of an incident.
- Personal Injury Protection (PIP): A required coverage that handles your medical bills if you are involved in an accident.
- Collision: An optional coverage that handles damage to your motorcycle if it collides with another object.
- Comprehensive: Another optional coverage that takes care of you if your bike is stolen, vandalized, or is damaged by a weather event.
There are a multitude of other coverage options to consider besides those listed, so it is always important to speak with your independent insurance agent before making a final decision on your policy. Special riders are even available to help cover the cost of custom parts and accessories should you have to file a claim.
Several factors are also considered when purchasing your policy. Your age, previous driving record, and zip code all come into play when determining how much you will pay for coverage.
As one of the most knowledgeable Naples, FL motorcycle insurance agents around, we love helping our customers. We even work with multiple carriers to help you find the most amount of coverage at the most affordable rate. Our dedicated team will help you find the right policy to suit your needs and budget.